Getting Income in Retirement—And Keeping It Out of IRS Reach
Make your portfolio deliver a paycheck…
and don’t share it with the tax collector!
On Oct. 4 William Baldwin—an IRS Enrolled Agent for 38 years and the past editor of Forbes magazine—will present a free webcast, Getting Income in Retirement—and Keeping It Out of IRS Reach.
Drawing income from a portfolio has never been as challenging as it is today. Yields on government bonds are tiny. Stock dividends are half what they used to be. How do you draw a steady paycheck out of your portfolio without taking unacceptable risk? Just as important: How do you get a steady income without sacrificing it to inflation or to taxes?
This one-hour seminar will tell you how to do that.
Here are some of the strategies we will look at:
- Getting guaranteed income inside your IRA and maximizing the tax deferral
- Timing Roth IRA conversions to get the most out of low tax brackets
- Rearranging your tax-deferred and taxable accounts to lower your tax bill
- Using high-coupon Treasury bonds to control your cash flow
- Creating a portfolio of stocks with a solid 4% yield
- Drawing a tax-advantaged 6% yield from energy partnerships
- Investing in tax-free bonds without getting caught by the next Puerto Rico
Watch now on demand by completing the registration form to the right.
William Baldwin graduated from Harvard in 1973 with a degree in linguistics and applied math. He has been a journalist for four decades, and was editor of Forbes magazine from 1999 to 2010. Tax law is a frequent subject in his articles. He has been an Enrolled Agent since 1979.